Skip to main content

Is this good indication that Neymar will come to Man United after PSG?

Neymar has signed a five-year contract with the French club



Neymar has completed his world-record transfer to Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona for £200m.
Barcelona confirmed payment for Neymar's 222m euros buyout clause had been received earlier on Thursday, despite the transfer hitting a stumbling block when La Liga refused to accept the release clause.

Neymar has now signed a five-year contract at the Parc des Princes, where he will face the media on Friday and be formally presented as a PSG player when the club begin their Ligue 1 campaign at home to Amiens on Saturday.

"I am extremely happy to join Paris Saint-Germain," said Neymar. "Since I arrived in Europe, the club has always been one of the most competitive and most ambitious.

"And the biggest challenge, what most motivated me to join my new team-mates is to help the club to conquer the titles that their fans want.

"Paris Saint-Germain's ambition attracted me to the club, along with the passion and the energy this brings. I played four seasons in Europe and I feel ready to take the challenge.

Neymar also posted an emotional farewell to Barcelona on his Instagram, thanking the club and insisting the decision to leave was his own.

"I had the honour of playing with the best athlete I have ever seen in my life and I'm sure that I will never see another one like him while I'm alive, Leo Messi," Neymar wrote.

"I love Barcelona but an athlete (me) needs challenges. And for the second time in my life I'll contradict my father. Father, I understand and respect your opinion, but my decision is made and I ask you to support me as you always do.

"Now in my heart I feel it's time to leave. PSG will be my home for the next few years."

PSG lawyers had arrived at La Liga HQ in Madrid on Thursday morning in an attempt to put the finishing touches on a deal for the 25-year-old Brazil international, which is worth nearly £450m (€500m) including wages, bonuses and the buyout clause.

Sky Sports News understands Neymar has been offered a basic salary of £26.8m-a-year (€30m) after tax, around £515,000-a-week.

"It is with immense joy and pride that we welcome Neymar Jr to Paris Saint-Germain," said PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi. "Neymar Jr is today one of the very best players in world football.

"His winning mentality, strength of character and sense of leadership have made him into a great player. He will bring a very positive energy to this club.

"In six years, we have built a very ambitious project that has already taken us to the highest level of national and European football.

"Today, with the arrival of Neymar, I am convinced that we will come even closer, with the support of our faithful fans, to realising our greatest dreams."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho gives team news update for Saturday

There is some concern with a lack of preparation time for the weekend and Andreas Pereira is no longer available after his loan move to Valencia. Luke Shaw and Ashley Young have had run-outs for the Under-23s, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo remain on the sidelines.
"We have to wait and see," the manager told MUTV, when asked for an update on the team news situation. "There is still one more training session. Not every player has reported yet, so today is the first time we are all together.
"I hope that these 15 days without us being together and working together, doesn't affect us too much," Mourinho added at his press conference. "I know it will affect [us]. I know that one thing is a week working with the players and working tactically and going through every principle of play to be ready for the weekend match; another thing is to have the players away and arriving step by step. 
"I don't even see them all. Today is th…

Ivan Perisic transfer update from Inter Milan

A late Manchester United swoop for Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic is fading fast.
The Croatian's boss Luciano Spalletti said the 28-year-old has not shown any new signs that he wants to leave Inter, despite United manager Jose Mourinho being linked with him all summer.
“Since the start, the club spoke with Ivan, as did I, he came and told us some things, because you need specific characteristics to stay here. We must all be ready to listen to how everyone else sees things,” said Spalletti.
“Perisic is a great player, in the vein of Giacinto Facchetti, Javier Zanetti and Marco Materazzi, a leader who gives something more than an individual usually does.
“After this initial discussion, I never had any more signals of a departure, in training or outside of it.
“Ivan is someone who has his own training schedule after the session is finished, working in the gym, and is one of the most professional players I've met.
“He does something that only those who have a real se…

Shaw: I am ready to make a first-team return

The 22-year-old left-back had not played in any sort of match since damaging ligaments against Swansea City at Old Trafford in April, but he gladly made his return to action at Leigh Sports Village as Ricky Sbragia’s youngsters secured a 1-1 draw, coincidentally against the Swans' youth side.
Shaw played for 59 minutes on Monday and so too did Ashley Young, who had also been sidelined through injury since picking up a serious hamstring problem in last season’s UEFA Europa League semi-final first leg tie at Celta Vigo in Spain, rendering Monday an important night for the duo.
“I’m feeling really good and I only push on from here,” a smiling Shaw told MUTV after the final whistle. “I’m looking for the first-team spot now, I’m going to keep pushing, and when the manager needs me I’m going to be ready. Whenever that is, I’m really looking forward to it. I’d rather it was sooner rather than later, but I’m feeling good and whenever I’m called upon, I’m ready.
“I was very ha…